The Meindl Glockner is a tough alpine boot, built to withstand heavy use.
It is the boot of choice for high Alpine Hunters, High Country Farmers and outdoor professionals nationwide.
Denser and thicker leather, higher and thicker protective rubber rand and less exposed external seams combine to reduce the chance of wear and tear related damage.
For years a very popular and proven hunting boot, especially in cold and wet weather and in rough terrain. Designed for our mountains and well suited to high country mustering and hunting, the boot has a rubber toe guard, a reinforced front cap, a soft flap closure, side clip hooks on the instep and shaft, and DiGAfix® lacing.
Thanks to the MFS® system (Memory Foam System) developed by Meindl, this boot offers an even more optimal fit in the ankle area and prevents pressure points. The generous upholstery and a soft cuff at the end of the shank provide for very good wearing comfort.
The Meindl Multigriff® sole from Vibram® with a high, hand-laid rubber rand for wear protection provides very good grip and support, even on difficult surfaces. The boot incorporates toe and heel overhang for flexible climbing crampons.
The GORE-TEX® lining is waterproof and breathable with minimal added insulation to allow user choice in foot climate.
A narrow Alpine boot last is used to ensure a snug fit. The stiff alpine polyamide shank combines with the snug fit and significant upper structural support to create the ultimate stability platform for toeing-in, sidling and edging in steep mountainous terrain.
Ideal for movement across broken and steep alpine terrain when load carriage is medium to heavy (20-60kg+).
The boots are most at home in temperate to cold environments.
A favourite boot amongst pro users who demand longevity despite constant use such as Outdoor Guides, Farmers and DOC Rangers.
• Open shaft lace hooks for quick don and doff.
• DIGAfix® lacing system. Provides perfect support to the ankle and holds the heel into the boots heel counter to increase stability and guard against heel rubbing and blisters.
• Internal polymer toe cap with alpine fit to enhance feel and support.
• Firm EVA foam midsole for shock absorption, vibration dampening and rebound.
• Hard rubber outsole optimised for use in alpine terrain with self-cleaning profile. Hard rubber is used to preserve a sharp edge as long as possible as it wears.
• Very comfortable orthotic full-length differential tapered polyamide shank with defined torsion and flexation zones. Low flexibility to provide optimum support in the alpine environment.
• Flexible Crampon compatible.
• Multi-core Polyaramid reinforced laces for ultimate strength and reliability.
• Synthetic internal structure supports to maximise ankle support. Rigidity and ankle support is optimised for use in heavy load carrying situations and movement across very steep terrain.
• GORE-TEX® lining for 100% waterproofness and vapour permeable breathability.
• Meindl Air pumping and moisture drainage system. During walking motion air is forced through channels in the upper and tongue material. This serves to drive out water and increase the vapour release of the GORE-TEX® lining.
• Meindl (MFS) Memory Foam System. Heat activated responsive memory foam padding in key fit and support areas to ensure an amazingly customised fit.
• AIR-ACTIVE® SOFT PRINT footbed by Vildona® wicks perspiration from the feet and transport it away from the sole to the permeable lining.
• Aggressive Meindl Multigriff® sole pattern provides optimum balance of adhesion, braking, lateral stability and toe thrust.
• Meindl differential walking system. Differential roll effect is produced by the shank and sole to encourage efficient gait.
Advice from Meindl NZ
• The boot is an ideal choice when you are carrying medium to heavy loads (20-60+kg).
• The fit of Meindl alpine boots is deliberately narrow compared to a trekking boot. This is to support and isolate the structure of the foot when sidling on very steep inclines. As far as Alpine boots go these actually have a pretty generous toe box so peops who know they have wide feet will find these suitable on steep country, nice.
• Ankle support is substantial in these boots and most users will find them too stiff and firm underfoot for use on prolonged trail walks. A BC category boot is recommended for crossing medium and broken terrain.
• Apply Meindl Sportwax liberally to the heel flex zone, the exposed seams and toe flex zones to prevent leather drying and cracking in these high wear zones.
• Take care to read the Nubuck leather care instructions in this website and don’t dry them too fast by the fire in the hut 😉!
• Meindl Sportwax
Suitable for crampons
• Weight: 900gm per shoe in size 8UK
• UK 7 - 13 in half sizes
• Meindl C Category