Built on the legendary Meindl Island design, the GP Boot offers outstanding comfort and support for tactical operations.
Very supportive and stable, the boots provide an excellent platform for tactical operations where the risk of lower limb injuries is great. The boots are most at home in temperate environments.
The forefoot has been created with extra volume and width to suit wider feet with more volume.
A popular boot for many police forces, paramedic organisations and military units the PERFORMANCE is a great choice for operations calling for strong ankle support.
Advice From Meindl
- This boot is awesome for operations in temperate environments. In very hot environments it may be quite warm on the feet.
- If your forefoot width is more than about 110mm then this wide fit version is for you. Under this width, go for the standard fit version.
- If wearing during parachuting or fast roping, please ensure to cover the open lace hooks with high speed tape to avoid dangerous hang ups or damaging your equipment (Lesson learned the hard way by Joel).
- The boot is ideal when you are carrying medium to heavy loads (20-60+kg) such as FSMO and beyond. For a lighter more flexible option try the Eagle or Kampstiefel.
- Ankle support is substantial in these boots but most operators end up wearing them in every situation and terrain because they are just so comfy. The ankle is flexible enough to allow driving.
- Apply Meindl Sport wax liberally to the heel flex zone, the exposed seams and toe flex zones to prevent leather drying and cracking in these high wear zones.
- If sizes larger than 14 and up to 17 are required, we are able to supply an alternative Meindl Island boot in black which has a nearly identical appearance to the GP Boot.
- Look after your mates and watch your six, these boots will look after your feet.
Meindl Sport Wax Black