MEINDL HIMALAYA LADY IS THE BOOT OF CHOICE FOR THOSE WHO NEED A INJURY PREVENTATIVE MULTIPURPOSE AND ALL-TERRAIN BOOT THAT OFFERS HIGH DURABILITY FEATURES.
The Meindl Himalaya Lady is exceptionally supportive and built to provide increased durability over other models in the range. Denser and thicker leather, higher and thicker protective rubber rand and less exposed external seams combine to reduce the rate of wear and tear related damage.
The Himalaya Lady is designed to function as a general purpose outdoor boot and cover as much of the spectrum of terrain and use types as possible. Ideal for movement across broken or steep terrain when load carriage is medium to heavy (20-40kg+) and equally flexible for use on trails, paths and even around the office! The boots are most at home in temperate environments.
A favourite boot amongst pro users who demand longevity despite constant use such as Outdoor Guides, Farmers and DOC Rangers.
Advice from Meindl
- This boot is awesome for activities in temperate environments. In very hot environments it may be quite warm on the feet.
- Most users report that the “out of the box” comfort of the Himalaya is slightly less than the Island. This is due to the less flexible, firmer and stronger upper materials and less seams. These boots will break in very nicely after a couple of days use round home and will become trusted friends out in the wops.
- Ankle support is substantial in these boots but most users end up wearing them in every situation and terrain because they are just so comfy. The boot shaft is flexible enough to allow driving.
- Apply Meindl Sportwax liberally to the heel flex zone, the exposed seams and toe flex zones to prevent leather drying and cracking in these high wear zones.
- Sport Wax makes the leather go several shades darker and makes is surface oily and repellent.
- Take care to read the Nubuk leather care instructions in this website and don’t dry them too fast by the fire in the hut 😉
Meindl Sport Wax