Built on the legendary Meindl Island design, the GP Boot offers outstanding comfort and support for tactical operations.
The Meindl GP Boot is an exceptionally supportive boot for operations in broken or steep terrain when load carriage is medium to heavy (20-60Kg).
Very supportive and stable, the boots provide an excellent platform for tactical operations where the risk of lower limb injuries is great. The boots are most at home in temperate environments.
A popular boot for many police forces, paramedic organisations and military units the GP is a great choice for operations calling for strong ankle support.
A wide fit version is also available on this site.
Advice From Meindl
- This boot is awesome for operations in temperate environments. In very hot environments it may be quite warm on the feet.
- If your forefoot width is more than about 110mm, then consider selecting the wide fit version. Or choose "Assess my size for me" and we'll get you sorted.
- If wearing during parachuting or fast roping, please ensure to cover the open lace hooks with high speed tape to avoid dangerous hang ups or damaging your equipment (Lesson learned the hard way by Joel).
- The boot is ideal when you are carrying medium to heavy loads (20-60+kg) such as FSMO and beyond. For a lighter more flexible option try the Eagle or Kampstiefel.
- Ankle support is substantial in these boots but most operators end up wearing them in every situation and terrain because they are just so comfy. The ankle is flexible enough to allow driving.
- Apply Meindl Sport wax liberally to the heel flex zone, the exposed seams and toe flex zones to prevent leather drying and cracking in these high wear zones.
- If sizes larger than 14 and up to 17 are required, we are able to supply an alternative Meindl Island boot in black which has a nearly identical appearance to the GP Boot.
- Look after your mates and watch your six, these boots will look after your feet.
Meindl Sport Wax Black