Based on the venerable Desert Fox, the Safari is an excellent light weight but sturdy boot for hot environments.
- Fuel Oil and Lubricants resistant
- Shock absorbing sole unit
- Sole profile Nr. 21
- 16cm high in size 8UK
- Mass 690gm in size 8UK
Ideal for environments where high breathability is desired. Ideal for light load carriage (up to 15kg) on medium terrain and rolling country.
The Clima lining and hydrophobic foams move perspiration away from the foot to the exterior efficiently. This also allows water that has penetrated the boot to egress quickly during walking motion.
Due to its rugged construction and high postural support the boot is ideal for many recreational, professional and tactical applications when a highly breathable non-waterproof boot is desired. The boot has slightly less lateral ankle support than the Desert Fox because it prioritises lighter weight.
Advice from Meindl
- This boot is awesome for both very hot dry environments and very wet temperate environments. In dry climates, it provides excellent breathability. In wet environments, the boot moves liquid efficiently to the outside of the boot. This can be a distinct advantage over waterproof footwear when the user is unable to prevent water entry through the top of the boot shaft.
- Apply Meindl Sport Wax liberally to the heel flex zone, the exposed seams and toe flex zones to prevent leather cracking in these high wear zones.
- The boot is ideal when you are carrying light to medium loads such as body armour.