Meindl Himalaya is the boot of choice for those who need a injury preventative multipurpose and all-terrain boot that offers high durability features.
The Meindl Himalaya is exceptionally supportive and built to provide increased durability over other models in the range. Denser and thicker leather, higher and thicker protective rubber rand and less exposed external seams combine to reduce the chance of wear and tear related damage.
The Himalaya is designed to function as a general purpose outdoor boot and to cover as much of the spectrum of terrain and use types as possible. Ideal for movement across broken or steep terrain when load carriage is medium to heavy (20-60kg+) and equally flexible for use on trails and paths.
The boots are most at home in temperate environments. A favourite boot amongst professional users who demand longevity despite constant use such as Outdoor Guides, Farmers and DOC Rangers.
Advice from Meindl
- This boot is awesome for activities in temperate environments. In very hot environments it may be quite warm on the feet.
- For sizes larger than 12, or wide feet choose the Meindl Dovre.
- The boot is an ideal choice when you are carrying medium to heavy loads (20-60+kg).
- For Meindl fans who had the venerable Makalu, these are similar to the last iteration of that boot, just a tad more flexible. Himalaya is a good choice to replace the Makalu if you don't want a Glockner.
- Most users report that the Himalaya is less flexible than the Island. This is due to the less flexible, firmer and stronger upper materials, less seams and slightly more rigid shank. These boots will break in very nicely after a couple of days use round home and will become trusted friends out in the wops.
- Ankle support is substantial in these boots but most users end up wearing them in every situation and terrain because they are just so comfy. The boot shaft is flexible enough to allow driving.
- Apply Meindl Sport Wax liberally to the heel flex zone, the exposed seams and toe flex zones to prevent leather drying and cracking in these high wear zones.
- Take care to read the Nubuk leather care instructions in this website and don’t dry them too fast by the fire in the hut 😉!
- Sport Wax will make the leather go several shades darker and give it a smooth waxed finish.
- If you need larger than a size 12UK in this style, please check out the Meindl Dovre!
Meindl Sport Wax