With an identical upper and structure to the legendary Meindl Island, the Guffert offers the amazing “Comfort Fit” concept in a injury preventive all-terrain boot.
Perfect for both women and men with wider feet or those who love extra toe room.
Based on the venerable Meindl Island, the Meindl Guffert is exceptionally supportive and designed to function in the broadest possible range of terrains and activities. The Island was originally conceived as a all-terrain boot for Europe's specialist mountain warfare troops. Since inception in the nineties it has undergone continuous improvement and refinement. This has led it to become the worlds most awarded outdoor boot in history.
Ideal for movement across broken or steep terrain when load carriage is medium to heavy (20-60kg+) and equally flexible for use on trails, paths and even around the office!The Comfort fit concept is optimised for broader feet, both women and men, but many users with average width feet love them too. The Comfort fit® last has more space at the front of the foot with a firm grip on the heel. The side of the big toe and tips of the little toes are relieved with extra space. The new defined contour enables easier rollover when walking.
Very supportive and stable, the boots provide an excellent platform for all activities including tactical operations where the risk of lower limb injuries is great. The boots are most at home in temperate environments.
Be sure to read the technology page for more detailed info on the amazing features of our Comfort Fit boots.
Advice from Meindl
- This boot is awesome for operations in temperate environments. In very hot environments it may be quite warm on the feet.
- This boot best suits foot width over 110-115mm in a size 10UK. However, many users with average width feet do also report extreme comfort (and usually select a half size smaller). This is due to the way the last positions the big toe nice and straight allowing a very natural stance and roll off.
- The boot is ideal for any occasion and especially when you are carrying medium to heavy loads (20-60k+kg).
- Ankle support is substantial in these boots but most users end up just wearing them everywhere, in every situation and terrain because they are just so damn comfy. The ankle is flexible enough to allow driving.
- Apply Meindl Sport wax liberally to the heel flex zone, the exposed seams and toe flex zones to prevent leather drying and cracking in these high wear zones.
- Wax makes the leather several shades darker and gives it a smooth waxed surface.
Meindl Sport Wax
MEINDL GUFFERT STOCKED INSTORE BY:
- Trek n Travel, Hamilton
- The Outdoor Store, The Logger Shop, Nelson
- Outdoor at H&J Smith, Invercargill
- Stager Sport / Meindl NZ, Canterbury