The Meindl Tyrol is the toughest alpine boot on the market; totally built to withstand heavy use. It’s uses span from the ultimate professional level hard wearing mountaineering boot to the ultimate high country musterer’s boot for the most challenging alpine terrain. Dense and thick leather, high and thick protective rubber rand and minimal exposed external seams combine to reduce the chance of wear and tear related damage.
A narrow Alpine boot last is used to ensure a snug fit. The rigid alpine climbing polyamide shank combines with the snug fit and low flexibility structural support to create the ultimate stability platform for toeing-in, sidling, edging, climbing and crampon use in vertical mountainous terrain. Ideal for movement across broken and steep alpine terrain when load carriage is medium to heavy (20-60kg+).
A favourite boot amongst pro users who demand longevity despite constant use such as Outdoor Guides, Farmers, Professional Climbers and Professional Hunters.
- Open shaft laces hooks for quick don and doff.
- DIGAfix® lacing system. Provides perfect support to the ankle and holds the heel into the boots heel counter to increase stability and guard against heel rubbing and blisters.
- Internal polymer toe cap with alpine fit to enhance feel and support.
- Hard EVA foam midsole for shock absorption, vibration dampening and rebound.
- Hard rubber outsole optimised for use in alpine terrain with self-cleaning profile. Hard rubber is used to preserve a sharp edge as long as possible as it wears.
- Very comfortable orthotic full-length differential tapered polyamide shank with defined torsion and flexation zones. Low to zero flexibility to provide a firm climbing platform for crampon use. · Crampon compatible.
- Multi-core Polyaramid reinforced laces for ultimate strength and reliability
- Synthetic internal structure supports to maximise ankle support. Rigidity and ankle support is optimised for use in heavy load carrying situations and movement across very steep terrain.
- GORE-TEX® lining for 100% waterproofness and vapour permeable breathability.
- Meindl Air pumping and moisture drainage system. During walking motion air is forced through channels in the upper and tongue material. This serves to drive out water and increase the vapour release of the GORE-TEX® lining.
- Meindl (MFS) Memory Foam System. Heat activated responsive memory foam padding in key fit and support areas to ensure an amazingly customised fit.
- AIR-ACTIVE® SOFT PRINT footbed by Vildona® wicks perspiration from the feet and transport it away from the sole to the permeable lining.
- Aggressive Meindl Multigriff® sole pattern provides optimum balance of adhesion, braking, lateral stability and toe thrust.
- Meindl differential walking system. Differential roll effect is produced by the shank and sole to encourage efficient gait.
ADVICE FROM MEINDL NZ&AUS
The boot is an ideal choice when you are carrying medium to heavy loads (20-60+kg) in extremely steep and treacherous terrain. The fit of Meindl alpine boots is deliberately narrow. This is to support and hold together the structure of the foot when sidling on very steep inclines. Lateral ankle support is substantial in these boots.
Most users will find these too stiff and narrow for use on prolonged trail walks. A BC category boot is recommended for crossing medium and broken terrain.
Apply Meindl Sportwax liberally to the heel flex zone, the exposed seams and toe flex zones to prevent leather drying and cracking in these high wear zones.
Take care to read the Nubuck leather care instructions in this website and don’t dry them too fast by the fire in the hut 😉!
Combine them with our special Winter Socks for an extreme experience: Here