Meindl Dovre is the boot of choice for those who need a injury preventative multipurpose and all-terrain boot that offers high durability features in a generous wide fitting last (foot shape).
The Meindl Dovre is exceptionally supportive and built to provide increased durability over other models in the range. Denser and thicker leather, higher and thicker protective rubber rand and less exposed external seams combine to reduce the chance of wear and tear related damage.
The Dovre is designed to function as a general purpose outdoor boot and to cover as much of the spectrum of terrain and use types as possible. Ideal for movement across broken or steep terrain when load carriage is medium to heavy (20-60kg+) and equally flexible for use on trails and paths.
The Dovre has a generous fore foot and toe box shape suitable for wide feet. Let your feet breath a sigh of relief if you know you need wide footwear.
The boots are most at home in temperate environments. A favourite boot amongst professional users who demand longevity despite constant use such as Outdoor Guides, Farmers and DOC Rangers.
Advice from Meindl
- This boot is awesome for activities in temperate environments. In very hot environments it may be quite warm on the feet.
- The boot is an ideal choice when you are carrying medium to heavy loads (20-60+kg).
- If you don't need a wide fit boot please check out the Meindl Himalaya.
- Due to the less flexible, firmer and stronger upper materials and less seams these boots sometimes need a couple of wearings to mould into your individual foot shape. Break them in over a couple of days use round home and they will become trusted friends out in the wops.
- Ankle support is substantial in these boots but most users end up wearing them in every situation and terrain because they are just so comfy. The boot shaft is flexible enough to allow driving.
- Apply Meindl Sport Wax liberally to the heel flex zone, the exposed seams and toe flex zones to prevent leather drying and cracking in these high wear zones.
- Take care to read the Nubuk leather care instructions in this website and don’t dry them too fast by the fire in the hut 😉!
- These boots are actually the same shade of brown as the Island or Guffert, they have been waxed at the factory before delivery.
Meindl Sport Wax